Our client, a widely reputable Non-Banking Financial Corporation is seeking to hire a Chief Risk Officer to lead their Credit & Risk function for operations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The role will be based in Jeddah and is appropriate for an accomplished credit risk professional.
The Chief Risk Officer will build and maintain a comprehensive risk management infrastructure. The primary responsibilities for the role will include:
- The CRO will support the Board in implementation, review and approval of the risk governance framework, which includes the organisation’s risk culture, risk appetite and risk limits.
- Ensure all credit applications comply with internal policies, procedures and processes, and hence sanctioning credit proposals in compliance with the company’s credit policy.
- Managing and leading the Branch’s credit department to ensure effective credit risk management.
- The CRO will also function as the Secretary of the Credit and Risk Committee (CRC), and thus prepare the agenda, pack and minutes of the CRC Meetings.
- They will work closely with the business development team, to develop a proactive and credit-sound approach to doing business. In doing so, they will support new product development by taking a leading role on credit risk assessment and minimising the riskiness of the portfolio of assets.
- Review delinquent loan portfolio in conjunction with the Head of Collections, thereby working closely with the Collections team.
- The role also involves monitoring market trends and applying insight to credit policy and credit appetite. This extends to monitoring the portfolio and proactively steering the business to work within the set credit parameters.
- Will develop and implement Corporate Credit Policies e.g. Watch-list Policy, Provisioning Remedial & Write-Off Policy, Country Risk Policy and Industry / Sector Concentration Policy.
- Proactively work with the credit team to transfer “best practices” to ensure efficiency in risk management.
The Chief Risk Officer Will Have
- Over 15 years of total experience within financial services with 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role with a Bank or a Non-Banking Financial Corporation in the GCC.
- A graduate degree/ a Masters/ MBA from a reputed organisation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; Arabic is a preference.
- Well networked with other financial services organizations and the local community.
- Good interpersonal skills in addition to stakeholder management and leadership experience.
- It is desirable that the candidate is familiar with lending in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and up to speed with sectoral knowledge.
The opportunity to lead the function at a reputable organisation in a tax-free compensation environment.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1